Friday, May 27, 2011

Approved for Publishing

Hooray!  My very first XBLIG has now passed review and is approved for publishing, but the job is not over yet.  I am really proud of the quality of Astro Cluster and want as many people experiencing it as possible and hopefully it can gain a strong multiplayer following.

To help achieve this, I can't just rely on the standard XB dashboard lists, they are not really stable enough.  A dash freeze at the wrong time (i.e. just before and during a release) can potentially kill a great game.  Living in Australia, I can't even check the dashboard lists myself so I have to rely on the help and goodwill of others to tell me if everything is sweet.

This means I have to try and do some marketing myself.  I have no experience with this and am only new to social media so the going is currently slow and tough.  I don't really know what I am doing, but I now have a developer twitter account, product facebook page, game trailer on youtube, visible entry in DBP and have tried contacting a few indie reviewers to help provide exposure to Astro Cluster.

It is only early days and I should have started this process a long time ago so there is no buzz at all regarding my game yet, but I am hoping this might change.  Once I publish I will have to send free game codes out to as many good indie reviewers as I can and hope they find the time to give another twin-stick shooter a go.  Hopefully there is not a dashboard freeze and with a bit of luck, the quality of Astro Cluster will speak for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment