Friday, May 20, 2011

Just submitted my first Indie game, Astro Cluster, for review in XBLIG marketplace.  Also entered the build into Dream Build Play.

I first started Astro Cluster around June 2010 as a part-time hobby after having a break from my previous job of 5 years.  My main goal was to have a go at doing everything so I could gain an understanding and some skills in areas I had little experience.

Well almost a year has passed and I think I have achieved this goal.  I now understand a little better how difficult art, audio and testing can be and have also gained some basic skills in rendering, networking and optimisation.  While I believe I did an adequate job for this project, in the future I think I will definitely work with skilled artists and sound engineers.  I found these two aspects took up way too much time for me for the simple assets I required.

Now that the game is possibly complete (unless it fails review and until I create an update) I really hope people take the time to download the trial and play it.  I think the quality is fairly consistent and the level of polish is very high.  Despite the game being quite simple, the gameplay is solid and multiplayer is extremely robust.  With a bit of luck, people may like the game enough to justify the price, although this project was never about making money, just having a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment